A Word from Cheryl:


Thank you for visiting my Concert Review Blog. I have enjoyed attending, photographing and writing about a variety of concerts over the past several years. I hope that my reviews and photos have made you feel like you were right there with me.


At this time in my life I've taken a step back, looked at what’s truly important and have begun to prioritize my time, energy and resources.

I retired from nursing in 2012 and was then able to be with my aging father, who later passed away in June, 2013.

My family is growing dramatically! We now have eight grandchildren and I take every opportunity to be available to help when needed. I also make sure I carve out plenty of time for my husband so that he knows how important he is to me.

Because of this I don't attend many concerts anymore. I try to be selective in choosing a show and do my best to relax and enjoy the experience. I no longer stress about getting the perfect photo or remembering some occurrence so I can write about it.

If you want to view a collection of some of my favorite photos from the past several years you may find them here:
Cheryl's Pearls Photos - Concerts

Thanks again for visiting my site.

May God Bless,
Cheryl

Friday, October 16, 2009

All For The Hall - October 13, 2009


ALL FOR THE HALL BENEFIT CONCERT - Nashville, TN

I’m so glad I had the opportunity to attend Keith Urban’s “All for the Hall” benefit concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame October 13th. What an amazing showcase of talent!

Keith Urban opened the show with an abbreviated version of his Defying Gravity tour set list with a couple of variations. The first of which was a wonderful acoustic version of Dolly Parton’s “Coat of Many Colors” that Keith declared was what country music and the Hall of Fame are all about.

Midway through his set he was joined by Brad Paisley for “Start a Band” – something I have been longing to see ever since I first heard the song. It was all I had hoped for. Both artists had fun singing and performing together. They divided and conquered the audience as Keith exited stage right and Brad stage left going up into the stands to play dueling guitars, thrilling concert goers along the way.

There was a lengthy intermission once Keith wrapped up his portion of the program allowing a special house band to set up on stage. For the rest of the evening Vince and Keith became part of the “house band” for the remaining performers.

Vince emerged wearing a Nashville Predators jersey and opened with “Liza Jane.” Keith joined him on some blistering guitar riffs. Vince then dedicated the next song, “Whenever You Come Around,” to his wife, Amy Grant, who was seated in the audience.

Following Vince was Little Big Town singing “Fine Line” and their popular song “Boondocks” which got folks up on their feet.

Dierks Bentley kept the energy high with “Sideways” and it was fun to watch the expressions on Keith Urban and Vince Gill’s faces as Dierks ran around and worked the crowd. Everybody was enjoying being together. Dierks concluded with “Free and Easy” encouraging the audience to sing along.

Lady Antebellum came out looking thrilled to be included in the evening’s activities. They sang their hit “I Run to You” followed by their current single “Need You Now.”

Keith welcomed Jason Aldean to the stage to thunderous applause as he sang “Big Green Tractor” and shook hands with nearby concert goers. Keith clearly enjoyed playing back up with Jason’s guitarists on “She’s Country” exchanging high-fives when the song was over.

Faith Hill, looking elegant in a black pant suit, joined Keith and Vince on stage to sing “Let Me Let Go” with Vince. There were smiles all around as that song brought back memories. Then Faith broke into Janis Joplin’s “Piece of My Heart” rocking the house.

Taylor Swift walked out in a glittery strapless dress and heels with guitar in hand. She strolled out on the short catwalk and did a lovely acoustic version of her new single “Fifteen” then donated her guitar with her lucky number “13” on it. She followed up with “Love Story” getting quite flirty with Keith as he played and sang along.

All the performers returned to the stage joining Keith Urban, Vince Gill, songwriter Monty Powell, guitarist Dan Huff and the rest of the house band for “Lay Down Sally” to close the show.

Keith promised there will be more “All for the Hall” benefits in the future – October 5, 2010 to be exact. So mark those calendars and save the date my friends – you don’t want to miss this one.

Photos from All For The Hall 2009 by C Walker Here 

Published: Star Exponent 

No comments:

Post a Comment