A Word from Cheryl:


Thank you for visiting my Concert Review Blog. I have enjoyed attending, photographing and writing about a variety of concerts over the past several years. I hope that my reviews and photos have made you feel like you were right there with me.


At this time in my life I've taken a step back, looked at what’s truly important and have begun to prioritize my time, energy and resources.

I retired from nursing in 2012 and was then able to be with my aging father, who later passed away in June, 2013.

My family is growing dramatically! We now have eight grandchildren and I take every opportunity to be available to help when needed. I also make sure I carve out plenty of time for my husband so that he knows how important he is to me.

Because of this I don't attend many concerts anymore. I try to be selective in choosing a show and do my best to relax and enjoy the experience. I no longer stress about getting the perfect photo or remembering some occurrence so I can write about it.

If you want to view a collection of some of my favorite photos from the past several years you may find them here:
Cheryl's Pearls Photos - Concerts

Thanks again for visiting my site.

May God Bless,
Cheryl

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Billy Currington at Celebrate Virginia Live in Fredericksburg

 
CURRINGTON SHOWS HOW COUNTRY BOYS ROLL

The weather forecast called for a chance of thunderstorms May 14th during the Celebrate Virginia Live concert featuring Billy Currington so my friends and I packed our rain gear just in case and headed to Fredericksburg for the evening.  What we weren’t prepared for were heavy winds and dirt blowing all over the place.  By the time Billy took the stage I felt like I had dust and grime over every inch of my body.  I can’t imagine what it must have been like performing under those conditions.   I did wonder though, as the wind increased and thunderstorm warnings were issued, if Billy had flashbacks of his horrific experience in Alberta, Canada back in August 2009 when the stage collapsed during a wind storm and he suffered a concussion.  However Billy Currington is a true professional and he gave a great performance despite the threatening weather – now THAT’S how a country boy rolls!

 Billy sang many of his hits during the first half of his set – “Must Be Doin’ Something Right,” “Why, Why, Why,” “Don’t,”  “That’s How Country Boys Roll.”  His vocals were unaffected by all the dust.  He even managed to sing “I Got A Feelin’” without missing a beat while an over-sized cow mascot danced among the crowd right in front of him.

Billy really came alive in the second set after taking a short break and returned to the stage energized, ready for some fun.  He gave tribute to Kenny Rogers with “Lucille,” got funky with Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition,” and pumped up the crowd with Tracy Chapman’s “Give Me One Reason.”  He finished the concert singing crowd favorites like “Good Directions” and “People Are Crazy.”

Kip Moore opened the show for Billy.  I couldn’t help but notice that Kip seemed to be poured from the same mold as Billy, so to speak: a blue-eyed Georgia native, singer/songwriter with a delightful southern drawl and easy laugh.  His songs are catchy and my friends and I were disappointed we couldn’t get a CD.  “Faith When I Fall” is especially good and “Drive Me Crazy” has a strong beat and tends to stick in your head.  After seven long years of hard work Kip has finally landed a contract so I hope it’s the beginning of good things for this young man.  You can find him on MySpaceKipMooreMusic so give a listen and watch for this newcomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment