A Word from Cheryl:


Thank you for visiting my Concert Review Blog. I have enjoyed attending, photographing and writing about a variety of concerts over the past several years. I hope that my reviews and photos have made you feel like you were right there with me.


At this time in my life I've taken a step back, looked at what’s truly important and have begun to prioritize my time, energy and resources.

I retired from nursing in 2012 and was then able to be with my aging father, who later passed away in June, 2013.

My family is growing dramatically! We now have eight grandchildren and I take every opportunity to be available to help when needed. I also make sure I carve out plenty of time for my husband so that he knows how important he is to me.

Because of this I don't attend many concerts anymore. I try to be selective in choosing a show and do my best to relax and enjoy the experience. I no longer stress about getting the perfect photo or remembering some occurrence so I can write about it.

If you want to view a collection of some of my favorite photos from the past several years you may find them here:
Cheryl's Pearls Photos - Concerts

Thanks again for visiting my site.

May God Bless,
Cheryl

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tim McGraw in Bristow, VA

PHOTOGRAHING TIM McGRAW

I enjoy the challenge of concert photography.  Some concerts are more of a challenge than others; Tim McGraw’s concert is a case in point being a very popular show with many adoring fans in attendance.  Instead of reviewing his concert I thought I’d give you a glimpse of what I experienced behind the lens of my camera.

Opening the show was Love & Theft.  Who are they you ask?  Well if you’ve heard Taylor Swift’s song “Hey Stephen” you’ve been introduced to the lead singer Stephen Barker Liles.  That leaves Brian Bandas and Eric Gunderson to round out the group.  Their set was short so I had to make the most of my photo opportunities moving around to get a variety of angles.  I discovered the end of the cat walk yielded the best photos and since not all the concert goers had taken their seats I had an unobstructed view.

It was a bit more challenging to get photos of Tim McGraw’s next opening act, Lady Antebellum comprised of Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, and Dave Haywood.  When you have a group of 3 it’s nice to get both individual and group shots.  Thankfully Lady A came together often and long enough to capture although the crowd was beginning to thicken and I was finding it harder to maneuver.

If I thought it was hard to move before Tim McGraw came out it was nearly impossible once he hit the stage!  I thought I found a secure spot at the corner of the main stage and attempted to focus on Tim through my lens but he kept moving.  I adjusted the focus several times and was vaguely aware of girls screaming around me.  When I finally looked up I was shocked to find Tim McGraw standing directly above me laughing at the look of surprise on my face.  I was practically mauled by fans trying to climb over me to get to Tim and decided that probably wasn’t the best place to stand for photos.


I made my way to the end of the catwalk and had good success until Tim decided to venture to the end and sit down.  Once again I was surrounded by eager fans and got pushed, elbowed and doused in beer.  I backed away from the mayhem, captured the moment from a safe distance and continued to move looking for a good spot without heads, hands and arms obstructing the view.

In case you’re wondering – yes, I did manage to enjoy the concert.  I found myself singing along frequently.  I stopped to watch often, laughed with my girlfriends, and appreciated the efforts of all the artists to connect with the audience and reach out to fans.

Tim McGraw Concert Photos by CWalker

Published : Star Exponent   Reposted: Urban Country Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment