A Word from Cheryl:


Thank you for visiting my Concert Review Blog. I have enjoyed attending, photographing and writing about a variety of concerts over the past several years. I hope that my reviews and photos have made you feel like you were right there with me.


At this time in my life I've taken a step back, looked at what’s truly important and have begun to prioritize my time, energy and resources.

I retired from nursing in 2012 and was then able to be with my aging father, who later passed away in June, 2013.

My family is growing dramatically! We now have eight grandchildren and I take every opportunity to be available to help when needed. I also make sure I carve out plenty of time for my husband so that he knows how important he is to me.

Because of this I don't attend many concerts anymore. I try to be selective in choosing a show and do my best to relax and enjoy the experience. I no longer stress about getting the perfect photo or remembering some occurrence so I can write about it.

If you want to view a collection of some of my favorite photos from the past several years you may find them here:
Cheryl's Pearls Photos - Concerts

Thanks again for visiting my site.

May God Bless,
Cheryl

Monday, August 30, 2010

Trace Adkins in Harrisonburg, VA August 18, 2010


FAIR GAME 

Trace Adkins certainly had his “game on” recently at the Rockingham County Fair in Harrisonburg, VA.  It was August 18, and his new album, “Cowboy’s Back In Town,” had just been released the day before (available on iTunes).  Trace was in rare form, joking and laughing with the audience between songs.

Trace had a little fun with the Queen and Princesses of the Fair asking if they thought their crowns were real.  He then turned the joke back on himself saying his wife and daughters believed they were born wearing crowns.

Trace performed a wide variety of his many hits and crowd favorites, plus his new single, “This Ain’t No Love Song.”  He also introduced some additional selections from the new CD – “Hell, I Can Do That,” “Hold My Beer,” “Brown Chicken Brown Cow” all of which had us rolling in the aisles with laughter.

Eventually Trace pointed to a young lady in the crowd and said “Stop all that jumpin’, you’re making me tired.”  Then he looked at us, shook his head and with that lopsided grin of his declared, “That girl’s been jumpin’ up and down all night!”   Later Trace singled out someone waving a hat and asked, “Is that my hat?  Well come on up here!” and proceeded to autograph the hat.

Toward the end of the evening Trace laughingly proclaimed “My album just came out yesterday and I don’t know who scheduled this concert but it musta been a mistake!  I gotta go to New York tomorrow morning for the Today Show and I’m gonna sound like crap!”  Everyone laughed, cheered and applauded.
It’s impressive that Trace kept his commitment to a small county fair, gave it his all and still planned to appear on national T.V. the next day.  I made sure I watched Trace Adkins on the Today Show.  It was mentioned that he drove through the night to get there and you know what?  He didn’t sound like “crap” at all.

Trace Adkins Concert Pics by CWalker

No comments:

Post a Comment